Monday, February 10, 2003

Ahhh.....Monday. Aint no day like monday. Except the worst day of the week.

Ehhhh, at any rate, here i am. I had a pretty interesting day, Ill give yall the rundown of it. Started this morning, waking up at 7, which should have been earlier so i could hit the rec before my 8am class, but whatever. I laid in bed untill like 710 debating getting up or staying home so i could register for fall classes and get those in right at 8. I then looked out the window to see that it was snowing like a bitch. So what did i decide? Those of you keeping score at home with the "Life of Brian Waggoner Game:Home Edition" can chalk up some points for me, i still trudged to that damn 8am Management 300 class. I got there late thanks to some asshole in front of me who got in an an accident in which i had to wait to get around, but still got there in time just to have 2 minutes to do the damn pop quiz. Then, in going over the quiz, i almost saw mike and my professor get in a boxing match, it was pretty good. (Hey mike, standard deviation = sigma ;-) ) Then off to my long day of ECT classes...

(I hauled ass to get to the tech building and register for the classes i need to graduate. Did I get them all? DOES A FLYING MONKEY HAVE WINGS? In all the classes i need to graduate, just waiting on my other independant study to go through so i can get that damn instrumentation class out of the way....

First ECT 4whatever (i dont remember even the course numbers im in cause i have 5 damn ECT classes) lab. Not too hard messing with some microprocessors and coding them to flash dirty words in the 7 segment display, hehehe. After that and while waiting for ECT 4somethingelse to start, mike happened to roll over a floor electrical outlet and creat the biggest electrical explosion ive seein in the longest time. Honest to god, the blue flame that shot out of the outlet had to have been around 8 inches in length. Singed mikes leg, made a huge scorch mark on the ground and scared the shit out of both of us. After we made sure that we didnt kill anyone or any electronics, i heard the funniest thing that has come out of my advisor/professor/ECT dept head Dr. Border ever, which is the quote of the day down below. After another 400 level ECT class, its off to work at ITS.

Goddamn i love this job. Name another job that will let me work with macs whenever i want and troubleshoot them. I love working with macs so much better then PC's, its sick. After doing some tickets and going back to my favorite area, academic enhancement(since they love me so much over there) i went back to TSC at hayes hall. While working on some OS X training for the Tech support staff, a cute girl came in with a problem with her iBook. Of course, they ask me to be the hero and save her data. Not only do that, but i load os X on there for her, set it up, do software update and all other sorts of goodies for her. I end up staying late to help her, then off to ECT 4something else to watch mike swear at another lab we have to do. Thennnnnnnnnnn home.

So now im here, after a damn long day looking at a stack of work taller then a midget and having no drive to do it. What killed my drive to do it tonight? Funny you should ask...

There are days where some things happen where you say, damn..i guess i didnt expect it, but i kinda did. Then there are days where you go...hmmm, well that makes no sense, but ok. Then there are days where one thing happens that makes you say.... What the f&*$. Someone, who will remain nameless IMed me out of the blue tonight. Someone who had a huge impact on my life, and someone who has hurt me a great deal. No matter how much time has gone by, there are still DAMN strong emotions. Good emotions and bad emotions. Wanting to reconcile and start talking after nearly a year of silence...wow, im not sure what to think. The only thing i can use to explain is a song like usual.

Once upon a time I was of the mind
To lay your burdon down
And leave you where you stood
And you believed i could
Youd seen it done before
I could read your thoughts
Tell you what you saw
And never say a word
Now all that is gone
Over with and done - never to return

I can tell you why
People die alone
I can tell you a shadow on the sun

Staring at the loss
Looking for a cause
And never really sure
Nothing but a hole
To live without a soul
And nothing to be learned

I can tell you why
People go insane
I can show you how
You could do the same
I can tell you why
The end will never come
I can tell you Im
A shadow on the sun

Shapes of every size
Move behind my eyes
Doors inside my head
Bolted from within
Every drop of flame
Lights a candle in
Memory of the one
Who lives inside my skin

Audioslave - Shadow on the Sun

Thats all for now, blog readers. Till tomorrow.

************************************************************************************************************************
Positive: Scheduling for summer classes, getting all of them I need
Negative: Ghosts from the past
Quote: "I hate electricity" - Dr. Border, Head of the Electronics and Computer Technology Department
Song of the day: Audioslave - Shadow on the Sun
Cool Mac Moment: OS 10 installing so easily on an iBook that is 9 years older then god himself.
************************************************************************************************************************

No comments: