Sunday, March 23, 2003

*************BLOG - WEEKEND EDITION*************

WHAT A WEEKEND. Ive had some SERIOUSLY interesting things happen to me over the weekend. Wow.

Friday was fun. Meetings in the morning, then just as i was getting ready to head over to ITS, i got a call on my cell. Some contracting company was looking for help getting some networking and IT stuff set up in the House of Reps in findlay and found my resume on careerbuilder.com. Wanted me to go down for about 5 hours, pay me about 20$ an hour. I almost did it, since id get paid about 3 times as much as working at ITS for that time, but i did the responsible thing and said thanks but i couldnt. The guy asked me if i knew anyone else who would like to do it, so i gave the phone to max, he got all the information, was ready to go. I headed off to ITS.

Max calls me, tells me they dont have the hardware, so it didnt even matter. Oh well, i guess its good that people are seeing my resume and that i may be attractive to employers. Oh well.

Had a good day at ITS, solved some MAJOR tickets that ive had in my work for a long time. BIG ones. I felt like the hero. Worked on training, got pretty close to getting it done. was good to work with jessie, she always makes me smile. Got her to agree to come out to kamis with mccomas and i that night, i didnt think she would...but OH BOY would i be wrong.

Went home, had something to eat...then 10pm rolled around, and you know what time it was....Got to kamis, talked to overla and webb for a bit, got some wierd info on this cabbage soup diet from webb, who knows. He says it works, but it sure sounds wierd. Jen and Scott showed up at the same time as mccomas and his ladyfriend carissa. Had some fun with them, more and more people showed up, talked to them....but no jessie. I started to get tired around 1230, it had been a long day, so i decided to bail. Took jen and scott home and got home and then went back to my apartment. Was home for 5 minutes, talked to max, then my cell rang. Guess who finally came to kamis. So she told me she wanted me to head out there, so i did. Got there, ended up going wild, drinking more then i should have, dancing with jessie(and we all know how much wags dances) and having a great time with her. Last call came, she said she didnt want to go home, so i said ok, and we all decided to go to mccomas's place. Jess, me, mccomas, carissa, and 3 of jess's friends. Got a 12 pack of longnecks to go and hopped in my car. We got to mccomas's place, sat down, everyone did their bathroom run and jessie started having breathing problems. Apparently shes pretty allergic to cats and her throat started to close off. She started to have problems and start to have an anxiety attack. I spent about an hour with her, outside in my car where it was warm but no cats to help her calm down, try to breathe and get back to normal again. Noithing was really helping, so i ran her back to her dorm, got her in there after almost attacking the night guard and got her her medication, calmed down and finally to sleep. She finally went to sleep around 4, i stayed with her till 7 to make sure she was ok, and then i went home.

Got to sleep at 7, woke up at one. There is ALOT that happened that afternoon in talking to someone, but my filter has to kick in. All i can say is im waiting and seeing and hoping for good things to happen. Heres to that.

Stayed up till the weeeeeeeeee hours of the morning so that i could go see katie and red at dance marathon, had a great time with them and listened to katie say "i dont know" 129345095 times that night ;) Came home, and couldnt sleep at 3ish am, stayed up talking online then finally went to bed around 4.

Today, nothing big. Slept in, watched more news, did some work, etc..Meeting tonite, now im just waiting for someone to get home...

So...the war. Shock and awe hit on friday, and what a scene it was. It was pretty intense to watch baghdad get the SNOT kicked out of it. Scary, pretty scary. Its a shame it had to come to this, but seeing whats happened in the past few days is nuts. Hearing reports that Iraqis have captured and executed some of our guys and that weve found a chemical weapons plant. This is just insane. Its totally surreal, it just messes with my head something fierce. I shouldnt watch the news anymore, its jut not good for me.

Well, thats all for the weekend edition, thanks for those of you who read through all of this, it means alot to me.

*****************************************
Positive: *filter*
Negative: War....POW's....yuck
Quote: "I dont know" - Katie
Song of the day: Best Ill Ever Be - Sister Hazel
Cool Mac Moment: Rendevous is THE SHIT.
*****************************************

No comments: