Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Wag's New Motto

I am a mountain
I am a tall tree
Ohhh, I am a swift wind
Sweepin' the country
I am a river
Down in the valley
Ohhh, I am a vision
And I can see clearly
If anybody asks u who I am
Just stand up tall look 'em in the face and say


I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
I made it
I'm the worlds greatest
And I'm that little bit of hope
When my backs against the ropes
I can feel it mmm
I'm the worlds greatest

I am a giant
I am an eagle
I am a lion
Down in the jungle
I am a marchin' band
I am the people
I am a helpin' hand
And I am a hero
If anybody asks u who I am
Just stand up tall look 'em in the Face and say

I'm that star up in the sky
I'm that mountain peak up high
I made it
I'm the worlds greatest
And I'm that little bit of hope
When my backs against the ropes
I can feel it
I'm the worlds greatest


What a day its been. All full of ups and downs. After talking to katie for the last time for a week. Its going to be hard, but i know she misses me just as much as i miss her, and that makes me feel a little bit better.

Missy - I used the foreman today. That thing is tha bomb. Thanks yo. I didnt even burn my hand on it either!

Took my 2nd management exam today, i think i did pretty well on this one. Lets hope better then the 76% on the last one!

Work today was a zoo. Since it took me 25 minutes to fill out the 40 multiple choice questions on my exam, i got in to work at 130 instead of 230. From the minute i got in there, it was like the floodgates on work for brian were opened. We had our student staff meeting yesterday, and it went well, and i pretty much just sat back and listened. Im not the type to try to dominate a meeting like that. Ive been working on this documentation as well as training on spyware and a CD that will boot into both mac OS 9 and boot to a command prompt in windows. Not only that, but compile all of our smaller disk rescue tools on it. I started working on that, while having people call 0999 asking specifically for me, needless to say, i didnt get much work done. Once chad got back from his lunch at 2(that dude is crazy, not taking a lunch till 1, then again, i dont ever take a lunch, but whatever) he asked me to call up a lady who had a ticket to have os 9.2.2 on her brand spanking new G4 powermac. Now, she had some applications that needed to run in 9.2.2, but for some reason werent running in OS X. (hold on, non mac users, this is gonna get somewhat technical) So, he told me it would be a quick call, since i was the one to inform the office that since she is using the latest revision powermac, apple has made it so you can only run Classic(a 9.2.2 emulator) but not boot straight into 9.2.2 So i call this nice lady, and its not that, shes just having trouble getting pagemaker installed. So instead of playing the chess game over the phone, i go over to...yes, academic enhancement. The one place on campus that has more love for me then anywhere else(except maybe the TSC). In a roundabout way, i get pagemaker not only on her system, but on 2 other systems that needed when they thought they couldnt use it because of the OS 9 restrictions. I took care of them, and had them saying so many nice things about me. The grad student who initially called offered to name her first born child after me. I politely thanked them, blushed and went back to the office.

By then, it was close to 5, so i got a salad from the union, came back and got settled in for the long night shift.

Long night shift indeed. It went by so fast. I was hammering away at this documentation, i didnt even notice it was time to go at 10.

So here i am. Just talked to Jessie on the phone for about a half hour, eating some steak i cooked on my new george foreman grill i got from my sister for my birthday. Im only thinking about 3 things lately.

1. How much i miss katie
2. The new machines apple is coming out with
3. 6 DMB shows in the next 3 weeks. Thats right. 6 shows.

Next tuesday and wednesday, im going to the 2 shows that are going to open the tour. Then the weekend after that, im going to spend time with sloka in da burgh for a show out there, then the 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND OF JESUS. 3rd - DMB @ Tinley Park, IL 4th - Celebrations with the family 5th - DMB in Alpine Valley, WI 6th - DMB in Alpine Valley, WI.

What a great time.

Ok, im gonna go watch letterman, kilborn and some other garbage on TV....since i cant sleep anymore. Have a good night all, and ill probably not talk to any of you later...since i dont hear from anyone anymore.....

Im going to end tonite with more song lyrics, rather then my normal bit, since this has been my song of choice lately.

Nite all.

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name


I want to feel, sunlight on my face
See that dust cloud disappear without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain
Where the streets have no name


Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
We're still building
Then burning down love, burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you...
(It's all I can do)


The cities a flood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled into dust
I'll show you a place
High on ta desert plain
Where the streets have no name


Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
Still building
Then burning down love
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
(It's all I can do)

No comments: