Monday, June 16, 2003

Start time of blog entry: 5:20PM

Hey all -

Hope everyone had a good weekend, with fathers day and all. I had a fairly nice and relaxing weekend. I had a very nice weekend, let me recap! :-P

Friday, worked 8-5 at ITS. Busy busy friday. The most interesting thing of the day is Chad assigning me to work on a 17" Powerbook that someone brought in because he couldnt get it to boot. Oh, and he forgot to tell us that he dropped the damn thing, which isnt hard to MISS when you look at the back and see the dents, scratches and marks from where it was dropped. I rassled with it for a while, then finally figured we would wait untill today to deal with it.

Max, Cari, Elo and I went out to Jeds for dinner like the happy lil family we are. Had a good time, had a few beers, then came home and watched Die Another Day, the James Bond flick i got for my birthday. Not bad, but not the best bond movie ive seen. After that, max and i stayed up while i negotiated with this crazy lady from new york to buy her quicksilver g4 off of her. I got a pretty good deal. Its a Quicksilver g4 800Mhz, CD-RW, 40Gb HD, 256 MB ram, Final Cut Express and a scanner for 1000. After i get it and transfer over my files and applications, im going to sell my G4 400Mhz on ebay(i should get around 500$ for it, so 500$ for this new G4 aint too bad), put my 120GB hard drive in the new one, put an old 20 gb drive in the 400mhz and leave 128mb ram in the 400Mhzand put the 384 in the new Quicksilver. I wanted to get an emac, but didnt need the monitor, but wanted the flexibility and expandability of a powermac. I know my parents promised me a "mac of my choice" when i graduate, and this one i just got has the horses to do what i need untill december or january when i graduate. Plus its coming with a scanner and final cut express, so i can do more with digital imaging, photography and movie making. Should be nice. Im excited. Now once i get paid on friday, shes going to send it out to me. Hopefully mid next week, ill be the proud owner of a quicksilver G4. Next on my ebay list of things to get, a 15 inch LCD apple studio display. For 200$, you cant beat the picture quality of the digital output. Im losing my love of CRT monitors. Too dull. Yich.

After going to bed, the next day i was woken up by bobbins who got all riled up after cari played with her in the morning. I got alot of work done during the morning, so i did more communication with crazy new york mac lady, organized my room and did other things here and there. Red and i went to Hunan for some tasty dinner, chatted for a while then i went back home to start working on moving some computer parts around. I wanted to see if the burner thats in my PC(that windows XP hates with a passion) would work in my G4. Alas, it didnt work. I also did some stupid things with my PC so that now it doesnt boot. FYI, dont delete linux partitions if you dont know what you are doing. Its not smart. Now i have to take the 80 GB drive out of my Mac, put it in my PC, do a fresh install of windows on that, slave the 20 to it, pull off the data, then format the 20Gb drive to put in my old g4 when i go to sell it. After all of this, i will have 3 desktop machines with the following statistics.

Pentium 4 1.6A GHZ
512 MB Ram
80 GB Hard Drive
Windows XP
17" KDS CRT Monitor

PowerMac G4 (Quicksilver Model)
G4 800 MHZ
640 MB Ram
120GB Hard Drive
Mac OS 10.2 Jaguar
17" Sony Trinitron Monitor(soon to be 15" LCD Apple Studio Display)

FOR SALE
PowerMac G4 (Sawtooth Mode)
G4 400 MHZ
128 MB Ram
20 GB Hard Drive
Mac OS 10.2 Jaguar
(EST Selling price ~500$) If anyone is interested, send me an email at bjwaggoner@mac.com

Yeah, sorry for getting so technical in my personal blog, but this is my hobby, and love doing this stuff. Muahahahaha...

Sunday, i got up, tried messing with my stupid hard drive mess up on my windows machines(man windows pisses me off) and then at 1, I left to go to Tom Gruzs's Graduation Party in Columbus. 2.5 hours down there, but what a beautiful day to drive. I had a great time at tom's party, it was good to see him and leslie(his girlfriend of like 6 years or so). I also got to see Randy Tackett, who was in the Intel Server Platform Services group that i worked in last summer at American Electric Power. He was telling me about all the different changes at AEP and how i would hate it there now. He said that almost everyone wants to quit because of all the stupid changes that have gone on, and even if i didnt have to stay and take classes this summer, that i wouldnt have even had an internship position again. That sucks. However, Im really glad tom got a job there, hes put in alot of time with them, and really deserved a good job from them. Id love to work there, and while its windows stuff, i wouldnt mind doing it, id just REALLY rather do work with Macs for a career. Problem is its a niche market. Heres to hoping i get a gig with that. After i drove the 2.5 hours home, i got a call from Franklin telling me they were grilling out over at our friend Chris Hauk's apartment. I went over there, had some meats and beers, then came home with full intention of fixing my PC, instead, i went to bed. I was kind of worked up because 1.) I had some alcohol in my system and 2.) because Katie called me while i was at chris's. Normally, those should be good things, right? Well, katie called me to tell me that she fell on her hand again(the hand she broke last summer) and had to be taken to the hospital, but it wasnt broken because she was wearing her brace on it. So thats good, but she was so upset, sounded so stressed and so sad...and i couldnt do anything about it. Thats what sucks so bad, is i cant do anything to make her feel better. Maybe i shouldnt nag her, and know that no matter what i say or do, shes going to climb and fall, but i worry about her and care about her. Only 2 more weeks from friday. I cant wait.

Today was a little different, i came into work at 10 and worked till 1, then had class from 1-230 and then im working 230-10. Hopefully ill be able to stop by BW3 tonite for a bit to hang with B.R.A.D W. Dont know, though. Im working more hours in the morning because im taking tuesday and wednesday afternoon/night off. Why?

DMB BASH 2003

Thats right, kids. 6 shows in 3 weeks. Tuesday and wednesday, ill be in Columbus, Ohio for the first 2 shows of the tour. This is the first time ive been able to go to a tour opening run, im hoping its going to be great. Sloka is coming into town tomorrow for the show. Its gonna be nice to spend some time with sloka again, i miss the kid. Wednesday, Red and I are heading down for night 2, and hopefully having dinner with Tom and Leslie. Gonna be goooood.

I think thats all for now, thats whats going on with me, its been a pretty eventful weekend. Looking back, this was a pretty haus entry. Lol. Oh well, feel free to leave love in the chatterbox!

*****************************************
Positive: DMB TOMORROW AND THURSDAY! Seeing tom and dinner time with the crew.
Negative: STILL 3 weeks till katie comes home
Quote: He couldnt find his ass with a flashlight 2 hands and a GPS - Max
Song of the day: Dave Matthews Band - #41
Cool Mac Moment: NEW MAC COMING!
*****************************************

Final time of blog entry: 6:25PM

No comments: