Sunday, April 06, 2003

Wow....i gotta tell you guys, i didnt think anyone really read this garbage...untill i didnt keep up on entries. then everyone and their mom started getting on my case about updating. Well, heres why.

Like i said in the other entries, ive been doing tons and tons of interviews. Were talking 6-10pm every night of the week except friday and weekends. On top of that, working my normal hours, working at ITS and class, ive been pushing myself to the limit. I dont know why i keep pushing for things that only push back, but i guess to me its becoming a way to pay for things. It gets to a point where i can only care as much as it takes to do a good job. I used to pour 100% of myself into any job or organization i was in and lately i just dont feel like i get anything in return. I work my ass off for nothing. Its one thing to be a hardworking employee and a hardworking employee who cares. Im starting to understand why some people just stop caring. Oh well.

Besides work, ive been busting ass with schoolwork too. Friday was nice just to work at ITS. Talking to chad and all the nice ladies over there always helps me calm down. Its such a grown up place to work. Had a good time working with jessie too, she always brings a smile to my face. After work, though, the fun began :)

I went and picked up katie, we went to the olive garden for dinner and had a nice time just the 2 of us out alone. Its so nice to finally have found someone who is on the same level with me and who is just a damn pleasure to be around. There hasnt been a time where ive been around her and i havent been the happiest ive been in a long time. I know this may sound like mushy bullshit, but its all true. For those of you who have known my relationship issues in the past, you could understand when i thought i may not find anyone like this again. Not that they didnt exist, but that i wouldnt be able to open up to someone. Anyways, i digress on that. After dinner, we trekked through the rain to the maumee theatres and went to see phone booth. It was a pretty good movie, and it had some good previews. After that, we came back to my place, watched jurassic park and fell asleep. I couldnt have asked for a more perfect night. *sigh*

Saturday was nice. I finally slept in and caught up on some MEAN sleep ive been missing out on since ive been working so goddamn much. I had breakfast with Mo and Sloka, had to leave early because of family drama, then i went home and I messed with my computers a bit, trying to get samba/rendevous to work better, or not to work better, to get ME to work better to understand HOW they work...then katie came over. I battled the laundry monster, got pissed at my KDS POS monitor because it just up and died....which i am NOT happy about at all. Spent the rest of the night having dinner, watching some movies, going over to CH 45 to do the normal hang out and drink thing, then staying up till all hours talking about important things. What a night.

Today, same thing. Catching up on sleep. I finally made the leap to use my G4 as my primary desktop machine. Ive come to the conclusion that in my experience(and with computers, that is fairly significant) that pc's are just better for gaming. And by gaming, its only because that there are more out there. High power graphics capability on macs only will boost gaming in the future. Am i using a G4 400 MHZ? Is it more reliable running OS X then my PEE CEE running windoze Xp anyday? Eric and i had a moment at our meeting tonight where we bitched about how faulty XP is anymore. It just drives me nuts how everyone is so brainwashed to how great PCs and Windows is. Ugh. Oh well, im not going to ever give my PC up because in my field i need to be able to use it...but if i had 2 grand to spend, Id be running to www.apple.com faster then you could say quicksilver.

I was supposed to have an ECT 300 study group tonite, but it had to be cancelled cause of some people being out of town. Should i go study for it now? Yes. Will i get anything out of it? No. So im gonna study with peeps tomorrow inbetween classes. Hope you all had a good weekend. I wouldnt expect alot of blogging this week...interviews will own me.....

*****************************************
Positive: What a great weekend. Katie makes me happy :)
Negative: Weekend WAY too short...that and stupid daylight savings time....I WANT MY HOUR BACK.
Quote: SCREW THE CALENDAR! - Me
Song of the day: Jason Mraz - Curbside Prophet
Cool Mac Moment: Are you reading this? Then this is a cool mac moment. All of erics battling with the AC computer in the office today with windoze xp is also a cool mac moment. All it takes is windows dropping the ball for apple to gain points with me anymore. What is this world coming to?
*****************************************


No comments: