Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Good evening all..

I should be doing my ECT 453 lab report now that ive been putting off for weeks, but instead im messing with both my blogs. Oh well.

The past few days have been somewhat exciting. Ive been able to nail down a graduation plan. I dropped the accounting class and math 131 from this summer, going to only take mgmt 305 and physics 202. Shouldnt be too bad. This means ill have calc 131, mkt 442(in place of the acct class) and ect 441 to take. Yes, this means i have to take kollas shitty instrumentation class instead of doing an independant study, but i dont feel like fighting with this man to approve an independant study. Who knows if ill pass ect 453 or 300, so if thats the case, then ill be here to retake these goddamn classes in the fall. Heres to hoping for a nice kolla and a nice curve to the class.

Shit, ill take a d. In the words of steve, an old guy in my ect classes last semester...d is for done.

So yeah, this means graduation date is set earliest for december. Hey, i like cold weather, it should be a nice time for a party. Or not. I just cant wait to get done with school and get a real job and a real life. Dammit, i have so many toys i want to buy with money from a real job ;-) j/k

Talked to chad about my schedule at ITS for this summer, gonna be working alot there, tentatively going to be working some mad hours at RCC, and i might have another oppertunity at CTLT doing mac stuff there this summer. I sure hope that pans out. Heres to a job where ill actually learn things rather then be a sheep hearder.

Today also had another presentation by wags. Todays was on G4 processors in my ECT 442 processor class. I think it went pretty well. Overla did his on intel centrino technology. He was really nervous, and sick to boot, but he did a good job too. Its funny to see people get nervous when they have to speak in public. Its something i just do automatically now since ive done so much of it with the jobs and classes ive had since ive been here in BG. Talking to huge groups of people doesnt scare me, i look at it like an oppertunity. Oh well.

SPEAKING of talking in public, i forgot that today was one of the days i got asked to talk to new co-op students about my experience doing internships/co-ops. Since ive been here 9 years longer then god and have done 3+ co-ops, i got asked to do this. Talked for about 20 minutes on how to act, what to do, and other things that should be self evident to any human with half a brain. It made me feel a whole lot older then i should right now. Those kids look so young.

Tomorrow, only have ECT 300 and work @ ITS. 453 is cancelled because we need to "prep for our presentations". I have to talk for 15 minutes on different types of communication protocols for intdustrial networks and write a 3 page paper on it. I could do that with half my brain tied behind my back, yet people in my class are stressing. So why is it im ok doing this stuff, but suck at the exams, but they rock the exams but stress over presentations and papers.

I think im in tha wrong major. Whatever wags, yer a dipshit.

On that note, i think im gonna go....do something productive. Heres to hoping that my scholarship doesnt die after this semester...


*****************************************
Positive: Finally have a graduation plan
Negative: School stress, work stress, school stress, work stress... again
Quote: "i can tell when people are bein snakey, and shes rattlin' - me
Song of the day: Pay the Girl - Freeze
Cool Mac Moment: im totally eyeing a new mac....this is not good...but maybe the new music service will make me poor...
*****************************************

No comments: