Sunday, April 13, 2003

Well Well Well.....what have we here? Blog : Weekend Edition?

Its been a nice weekend. Friday i spent some time with katie before she went off to do the whole girly " sit around and talk bad about boys while drinking" thing....i dont get girls sometimes.....I got drunk dialed and asked to see her later, which was fine with me, shes pretty funny when shes drunk....she also knows how to give me some pretty big scares.

Saturday....WE MOVED THE OFFICE FINALLY!!!!! Im actually sitting in my new office right now, its pretty nice. I hope to post some pictures of it relatively soon, its a really nice place, WAY better then harshman. Once we get the ped issues figured out, itll be even better ;-) After then, katie came over for a bit before she had to go get ready for her concert. She watched me wrestle with all the cables under my desk to try to make some sense of them all. Im sure it was as frustrating for her as it was for me. I went, saw her concert, met up with her after it so that she could get her TBS points for helping do chairs and stands ;-) and then went back to her place. At that point...the moment came.

I got to meet the parents. Now, saying this was the first time ive met her parents is a misnomer. Ive met her dad at one point before we were dating. Also, ive talked to her mother on the phone at one point, where she called me asking if i knew of any technolog savvy college students looking for summer/fall positions working with her at the University Of Findlay. This was the first time ive "met" mom. I always want to work to make sure i have a good relationship with the parents of the girl im dating just because it makes everything else work so much better. I hate friction in a relationship, especially with a girls parents. However, i met mom, and the strangest thing happened. I sat down, we were talking about music, and how she wants to go to the Pat McGee concert. She then started asking me questions about issues shes having with her new 12 inch powerbook (drool) Some of her icons werent responding to her selecting them, and asked me if i had any ideas. I said....hmm, took the laptop, changed the resolution, moved the icons over, then changed the resolution back. Boy she was a happy camper. I think this is the first time i had ever had to show off my skills with computers to attempt to impress my girlfriends parents. However, it went well, and i think i made a good impression. After that, i went with katie to dairy queen with al, red and some other people i didnt know, had some fun conversation and then went back to my apartment....and promptly fell asleep. Yah, we got home at 11, then fell asleep. What wild partiers we are.

Sunday, i got up, went to see SAI's musicale, saw mom again, then spent some time with katie this afternoon. Watched supercross on ESPN, messed with my newly installed partition of OS 10.2 server, eating dinner, etc. She studied for her anatomy exam. Like i said, were wild partiers.....and twice on sundays....

Now im at work, doing work stuff. Nothing huge. Tomorrow i have an 8am management exam, so im gonna have to peruse my notes to see whats going to be on it. Shouldnt be too bad. Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Chatterbox lovin sure has gone down in the past few days....makes wags a sad boy.....

*****************************************
Positive: Good Weekend
Negative: Weekend is over...boo hiss...
Quote: "Please try to impliment the employment of monkesy to your computer lab tech staff. They would do just as good of a job as the current humans and monkeys are alot cuter." - Comment left in a comment box in one of the macdonald hall computer labs
Song of the day: Flooding Both Of Us - Pat Mcgee Band
Cool Mac Moment: 10.2 server.....wow. So much power, especially when the administrators guide is a 12.5 mb pdf that is over 700 pages....
*****************************************

No comments: