Friday, April 11, 2003

Hello all....

Well, interviews are sure over. Thank god. Work has been kicking my ass, ive been pretty burned out. Its gonna be nice just to relax tonite and do whatever. Im done at 5. Thats gonna seem so early for me, since ill be getting home when its light out.

Classes could be going better, i hate kolla. HATE HIM. Ill deal with it, but damn i cant wait to get past his POS classes.

I get to go play at ITS today, woo! I found out that im going to be doing my OS X training for them next week sometime. Thats kind of cool for me, seeing as how i have only been there since last part of december, and they already want me to train their staff. Itll be fun to get harassed by all the full time people there, im not nervous about it at all.

Speaking of presentations, i just remembered this past week that i have 3 huge presentations to do before the end of the semester. I guess the new dean of the college of technology decided that tech majors done have enough public speaking capability, so they want all 400 level tech courses no matter what major to have to do a major presentation. Seeing as how all of my classes are 300+ and half of them 400 level, im gonna be busting my ass on them. Im going to do one on the new intel centrino technology for my processors class, one on bluetooth for my digital communications class, and i god knows what for kollas process control class. This should be fun. Im gonna try to hammer out the bluetooth one this weekend and hopefully get it out of the way.

Speaking of bluetooth, the 10.2.5 OS update came out for MAC OS. Wow. I had fun last night trying to battle with my network. I was using both my powermac and powerbook, and then suddently after restarting, both machines couldnt access my network. I tested different thing, then suddenly had a heart attack where i thought that both machines network drivers got aced from the new update. Then i realzed that i was getting a 169 IP address, which normally means its a network infrastructure problem and that it wasnt a problem with the hardware or software on my machine. Sure enough, i couldnt access any machines in my workgroup in our apartment. I tested my 8 port network switch, and sure enough...dead. So now im using this little ghetto 10mbps hub that only has 4 ports, so just enough for uplink and my 3 machines. Im definately going to have to get a new switch. Especially if i ever want to build a new windows 2k/2003 server or the linux box i want to build or if id ever get my new powermac....wink wink wink....

Also along the computer issues, i found out that i cant use my version of office v.x on more then one of my macs at once. Goddamn i hate microsoft. However, the new bluetooth integration in OS X.2.5 is awesome. Im using my microsoft bluetooth mouse, works 100000X better then it did on my PC. So awesome.

Katie came over last night right after i was done trying to get work done, but couldnt because i had to play network monster. It was good to see her, its always good to see her. I dont know what shes done to me, but i sure like it.

Just got done with my RCC senior lab staff meeting, pretty excited about FINALLY moving to our new office in saddlemire. This office is getting to be a pretty ugly place. New pretty office...woo, too bad we have to move on a saturday...hey, money is good, too bad im already probably going to have 30 hours for this week....

Hope all is well with everyone, im off to ITS.....come visit me today at 129 hayes, if im not there, im out on a ticket somewhere...


*****************************************
Positive: Weekend is here...
Negative: Nothing to do tonite....
Quote: "Hes not diggin that we dont love it" - Phil talking about kolla being pissed that we werent 100% excited that we got our process control lab working...
Song of the day: BT - Shame
Cool Mac Moment: 10.2.5...wow, how awesome...bluetooth mouse working like a charm....os responding alot faster...damn i love apple swus....
*****************************************

No comments: