Thursday, May 22, 2003

Well...ive been trying to find a new template, but i havent been happy with anything blogger has. I picked this...who knows. If people like it, let me know. Then again, i dont think anyone even reads it anymore.

Working nights has been an adventure. Depending on which TSS works evenings with me, its either been fun or REALLY QUIET. Some people dont talk much, so it can just be me reading the same damn articles online for the 67th time. No, actually ive been busting ass on this new employee orientation for ITS. Ive hammered out about 7 pages last night, and now i need to take some pictures to put in it before i can go any farther, however i didnt bring my usb cable for my digital camera so i cant offload them. I also cant leave the TSC since im the only person here...so im pretty stuck with it.

I sure do get some interesting calls here late at night. Some guy from the health center just called me asking who wendy was, and why she was sending him information on how to increase the size of his penis. I just have to laugh at those sometimes.

Ive set a goal for myself this summer. Pay off my debt. I know ive been wanting to get an eMac, but i really think i need to pay off my 2 credit cards, get rid of one of them and then pay off as much as i can of my laptop loan. With those things out of the way, ill feel better about buying a new computer. Hopefully this will be easy to do once katie leaves...i like taking her out and doing nice things for her...and if i just work and go home, i should be able to save a few bucks here and there. Also, the 40 hours a week at the new pay rate doesnt hurt.... ;-)

Management is going ok, i guess....im actually learning some things about management that i would have like to have used at RCC. Not because i wasnt managing correctly, but it would have helped me deal with my supervisor a bit better. Not anything really mind boggling or shocking, but just some good strategies. However, this lady who teaches it, while nice....is the kind of person who wants to talk everything through. Why do you have the problem you have, why do you feel that way, etc....it gets kind of annoying and difficult when dealing with situational examples. Everything with her has to do with an employees motivation. It could be motivation to work, motivation to follow company policy, motivation to do the right thing...it just gets kind of old. Just like my blog rambling.

Less then a month untill i get to start the crazy DMB fiasco. 6 Shows in less then a month, how awesome is that. w00t.

I dont know why, but it seems like everyone is acting strange, angry, touchy or really sensitive lately. I dont know why, but its just strange to me that everyone has been acting this way or making crazy decisions lately. I know i have been too, but i think mine has been more reactionary to other people. Today at work was dubbed Ignorant Asshole Thursday for everyone who called in today who not only had no clue what was going on, but had to be total and complete jerks about it to US, the people TRYING TO HELP THEM....i dont get it. Times like these just really reinforce my lack of trust in people.

I beat the Matrix game today, however i was dissapointed that i didnt get anymore girl on girl kissing at the end. However, an extremely good game all around. Definately solid in all my criteria. Great story, Excellent soundtrack, authentic voice acting, great gameplay and somewhat decent graphics. Now on to Vice City...and to wait for Half Life 2. Im not getting as worked up over doom 3 as everyone else is...i guess i didnt get into the pc game scene untill half life came out, so that was my first real foree into it. Unlike my crazy roommate who used to play the original doom untill he eyes bled.

Going to katies grandparents in cleveland this weekend. Kind of scared, hope it all goes well, and i hope everyone prays for me as well.

Have a good friday all, and ill see you soon.

*****************************************
Positive: Sunny Weather
Negative: people acting funny lately...
Quote: "Man, its Ignorant Asshole Thursday around here..." - Me
Song of the day: Big Eyed Fish - DMB
Cool Mac Moment: Reading more and more on the new ppc 970 powermacs...i cant wait for these things to come out...
*****************************************


No comments: