Saturday, May 10, 2003

Well, another semester officially down. All my exams are done, all the drama of RCC is done, all the garbage of people drama is done too, hopefully.

Its nice to hear from some people that i will actually be missed at RCC. Too bad its not from anyone in management, who dont even seem to care that im leaving. I get a feeling that the transitional work is more of a burdon for them then anything. Well, more of a reason for me to get out of there. Plus, they are giving sloka the run around BIG time with how he is supposed to do work for them during the summer. He is helping them out, and they are givin him grief. As sloka said, if you want to see how the real world is, dont go to RCC. Everything there is ass backward. 2 more days, wags, 2 more days.

I had my interview with CTLT on friday, it went really well. I dont know if i got it or not yet, he said hed let me know asap, but i have a really good feeling. If not, thats ok, i can make everything happen that i need to @ ITS hopefully, but it would be nice to get the experience from this job.

Speaking of ITS, i really got the feeling that ive been given more responsibility. Chad has just been treating me more like a full time person lately, not that he didnt treat me well before, which is definately not the case, just that hes asking me to do more full time things, asking me for more opinions on things, having me do some pretty important tasks. Its funny, because i found out that Mike only wants me to work next tuesday and thursday at RCC, so i called Chad to ask if it was ok if i added more hours on monday and wednesday, and he was more then happy to have me to do that. If i would have done that at RCC, they would give me some serious flack about it. Dont go over hours, if you dont have work, dont come in, blah blah blah. That whole garbage. But to have an employer who is glad to have me come in and help, wants to give me more responsibility because he knows i can handle it and help him out....its just a really nice feeling. One more week before i start my night time work in the TSC.

Seeing everyone leave is kind of a sad thing. All the people who came in with me and are now graduating. Im happy for them but jealous all at the same time. I know i have one more semester, but i wish i could just graduate, get a real job and be on my own. Im getting so tired of school. 19 more credit hours....19 more.....

Had a nice night with katie, we went to dinner in maumee, rented a movie, watched it...then as usual, fell asleep. Weve both had a really stressful week, and it was nice for it to just be over. I saved the world for katie yesterday when appleworks ate her paper, and i was able to bring it back. Seeing as how she told me she would fail the class if she didnt get it into him on friday. Rest assured, we got it in to him :-)

Now im off to go help her move lauras loft to Al's apartment. The parents are coming into town tonight since my dad has a judging seminar in cincinatti today. Dinner with them tonite at El outback(mmmm), spending time with them at their hotel, then mothers day brunch tomorrow at hops. Gonna be good. Hopefully i can steal katie next weekend and we can go out there for the weekend. That would be nice since she has to go to cleveland today for grandparents stuff.

Have a good weekend, yall.

*****************************************
Positive: Semester Over
Negative: Sleeepy still
Quote: "You got so many bonus points there, you could be a dick the rest of your life" - katie after i saved her resume
Song of the day: Bunnies - Howie Day
Cool Mac Moment: My Ipod has shipped!!! W00T!
*****************************************

No comments: