Friday, May 16, 2003

Happy friday everyone...

What a week its been. Its just like BG to take a week that ive been looking forward to since january to be full of drama and all sorts of goofy garbage.

Im finally done at RCC. Again, i went in there yesterday and sat around all morning waiting for a meeting that never happened. I dont know how i feel about the management over there. One thing is for sure, i am damn glad to be done. I worked there for 4 years, and now im just glad to get away from it. It kind of makes me wonder if it is the people over there, or if its me. If its me, i dont know how ill be able to have a steady career somewhere where i dont leave after a few years. Then again, i know better then that with RCC. Hence the 85% turnover in staff this semester. *rolls eyes* Reslife. The only organization in the world that can operate like it does because its on a college campus. Meh.

So, i heard from CTLT. They offered me the job. *insert cheering here* However, i dont think im going to take it. It only pays 6.75(i know im a snob) but for the amount of work and responsibility that isnt anywhere close to decent compensation. Plus, i would have to cut back hours here at ITS during the summer so that i could work 40 hours in the fall as well. I really dont want to do that because ITS is paying me more and because i like the environment here more. Also, if i would go over 40 hours (which i would) because of working 40 hrs at ITS and then 15 at CTLT, the mandatory overtime would come from ITS's student employment budget. Somehow, that doesnt really make sense for ITS to pay money to have me work at CTLT. Plus there are people there that i would rather spend time with. So im pretty sure i have made up my mind. Sure, it would be nice administering 2 os X servers, managing a lab full of macs and learning tons of software that i havent used before....but i dont want to mess with changing everything again this soon before graduation. Meh, im just rationalizing this to myself in my blog...so im sorry if you just read that whole thing.

Katie left for chicago yesterday, and i cant wait to see her tonite. Its definately going to be different to see her out at my place. Its not that i think thats not how its supposed to be, its just odd to see people from BG out in chicago. I use chicago as my escape from BG because its so far. 5 people from BG have been to my house, Maury, Brad, Mandy, Max and now Katie...so i guess its not going to be that wierd... Oh well, this should be a good weekend, somewhat of a vacation for katie and i before she goes off on her trip for 5 weeks. Wow thats gonna suck.

Last night i did a very bad thing. I went to best buy and bought not one but 2 video games. Since when do i have time to play video games. Apparently now. Grand Theft Auto : Vice City and Enter The Matrix. I played both of them all night since katie was gone....both are incredible. The matrix is really awesome seeing as how it has extra footage that they filmed while doing matrix 2 and 3 and the whole game is directed by the 2 guys who did the movies. The production values are great, gameplay is awesome....its quite a ride. GTA is sweet too, riding motorcycles was the MAIN THING i wanted added in the last one...but now there are helicopters and planes too...this is gonna be good. Plus its set in the 80s...who doesnt love the 80's?

So, i gotta give a shout out to red....shes become one of the best friends i could have found around here. Sure we get on each others nerves, but we both do it cause we care about each other. Yay for red :-)

So, now one of the ladies here at work is playing country music....wow....someone kill me fast...

I get to have my performance review here at ITS today. Im not worried, seeing as how i got a raise and a promotion while i was on my probation period, i think i should be ok ;-)

Ok, im gonna stop now, seeing as how this already has been the update of jesus. Sorry if the coke thing scandalized you all...but POP IS BAD FOR YOU! Ok, im done now. Peace out, yall...

*****************************************
Positive: New video games
Negative: Wheres the girl?
Quote: Whered carly go? - Dave
She quit - Me
She cant quit, slaves have to be sold! - Dave
(she really just went to the bathroom)
Song of the day: Zion - Fluke
Cool Mac Moment: My laptop is such a war horse...
*****************************************

No comments: