Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Why I Love The Second Ammendment - Anti Gun Liberals Need Not Read

As I have eluded to in my previous posts, ive had some personal crap going on. I havent really talked to many people about it, and im certainly not going to divulge the details of it here on the weblog. Sorry readers, i just dont think its the correct forum to do so. If youd like to chat, email, call, IM me.

After the weekend i had, i knew i needed to get out and release some stress, frustration and other feelings that were not helping me get through the week. What is the best way for a conservative male such as myself to do that?

Target Practice.

Thats right. After work yesterday, i took a coworker to the local place to unload some rounds, the New Albany Shooting Range. This place is pretty nice. Its a nice place for enthusiasts(such as my coworker) and casual shooters(such as myself). Their range is incredible. It is indoor, ventilated so that it pulls the smoke away from you, and they have an INCREDIBLE selection of handguns to rent. This being my first time shooting a handgun in a long time, i decided to go with something relatively simple, and picked a 9mm Glock 17c. Its a larger handgun, holds 10 rounds in the clip and had a trigger safety. This thing was incredible. I was so excited to finally get to use a Glock, that my hands were shaking when i was loading the clip. The thing fired great, and i spent about 120 rounds all together.

I had 3 targets, one at 10 feet, one at 20 feet and one at 30 feet. My accuracy, to be expected was pretty decent at 10 feet and 20 feet. I hit the target 100% of the time and hit within the 5 point circle about 90%. At 20, i still was hitting the target 100%, but was within the 5 point circle closer to 60%. At 30 feet, i was a mess. I hit the target about 60% of the time, and within the 5 point circle closer to 20%. I guess its not bad for picking up the weapon with 0 training and taking shots at the target.

The range was pretty cost effective, 15$ for range rental, 10$ for gun rental, 7$ for a box of ammunition a few dollars for ear and eye protection and 50 cents per paper target. I had a great time, the guys were helpful and the range was awesome. Im sure im going to be spending alot more time there, there is a Sig Sauer that is calling my name to be fired, and with this range so close, its a no brainer.

Anyone in the columbus area want to come with me? Hell, ill even spring for the gun rental for you :P

No comments: