Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Results Are In

Tonight was a special night for me. I found my love.

She is cold. She is black. She is deadly.

She is a Sig Sauer P226. A 9mm handgun that is so money.

I went back up to New Albany Shooting range, rented the Sig that i looked at earlier this week. This gun was alot heavier than the glock i used, and bulkier. This one used a hammer, unlike the glock, which gives it a bit stranger action when fired. Its not much of a change, but noticable. I also noticed that the trigger on this weapon was alot less sensitive than the glock as well, taking alot more pressure on the trigger to make the weapon fire. Im not sure if that is adjustable or not, but i actually liked it better after using it for a while.

I picked up 150 rounds, 5 targets and my ear and eye protection, and i was off.

First Distance = 10 feet.

I put 2 targets on the rack at 10 feet.

10 Feet - RightTarget

10 Feet - Left Target

As you can see, with both of these, i was firing up and to the right a bit. The more i slowed down and tried to compensate, the more it happened. I had alot more luck when i fired through all 10 rounds in the magazine in succession.

Second Distance = 20 Feet

20 Feet - Right Target

20 Feet - Left Target


Third Distance - 30 Feet

30 Feet - Single Target


At thirty feet, all bets were off...i havent shot that much, and at that range, my accuracy was pretty poor. I guess ill have to work on that.

Ill probably be going again tomorrow or saturday. Then taking oyer on sunday. Gonna be good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mac: How's your shooting, Thorny?
Thorny: Good. I've been dead on all morning.
Mac: What about that little guy?
[points to a bullet hole in the shooting target's crotch]
Thorny: Who, that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

Unknown said...

From the looks of the targets, it looks like the breathing isn't necessarily the concern, but the 'squeezing' is. Definitely looks like you're jerking the trigger, not squeezing. Once you break the bad habits, practice will make your targets look more, um...unused. They won't look like you hit them with a 12-gauge of double00 buckshot.

Anonymous said...

Dude, why bother with paper targets? Guns are for killing. Why don't you go out and shoot some real people?