Monday, April 20, 2009

Back?

Its been close to 4 months since my last post. Thats gotta be a new record for me. I like to use this to post funny things, cute pictures, frustrations, etc....but its been a pretty rocky 4 months. So that being that, i decided for my own sanity and those of people who may read these things to let the blog simmer for a bit.

A lot of people say writing is good to get stuff off your chest. That may be true, but the last thing i wanted to do was really talk about what was going on, let alone write about it. I’ve had my outlets, mainly my family and a few close friends.

All that being said, im not sure how to kick off the “relaunch” of the blog. Rather than get into some real self-preachy discussion of the past 4 months of my life, ill dial it down to a bullet list.

- Yes. Laid off at work. No, dont want to blog about it.
- Job market is bad. Unemployment is high. Sucks for job seekers. Great for employers.
- Seems the glut of hiring done since SOX for IT Audit is starting to balance out. IT Audit is the first area tons of public companies and public accounting firms are slashing.
- Recruiters are telling me that top public acctg firms have slashed their IT Audit teams by ~10% or more. Yikes.
- Had a good christmas/new years despite all that.
- Played alot of World of Warcraft. Subsequently quit WoW for good.
- Have started using twitter. Hopelessly addicted.
- Springtime is here, although the temperature hasnt really showed it yet.
- Nieces are growing up fast. So cute!

Thats about it. Trying to keep my head up and plugging on. Its been the wierdest 4 months of my life so far. Hopefully ill have some more insightful things to post here. Its about time to get back to writing...even if noone is reading. For more regular updates, I would suggest checking me out on Twitter. Theres even an RSS feed for you tech junkies. I post alot of pictures, thoughts, etc there.

Talk soon.

No comments: