Friday, July 06, 2007

Sickness, Optimus and iPhone

Well, its been a while since i posted, aka...most of the week. Ive been off work most of the week because of all my health junk. I went into work yesterday only to be told to go home and take friday off. My boss is pretty cool, he could tell i didnt feel well. I wanted to go in cause i had stuff in the office i needed to pick up...but the cocktail of close to 10 different meds im taking wears me out something fierce. The antibiotics alone make me sweat like ive just ran a marathon, and that isnt too attractive. So here i am. Sitting at home on a friday, kind of stoned from my pain meds...posting away.


The morning of the 4th of july, my folks and i went to see Transformers. What a frigging fun movie. Im used to movies that get so hyped up that they dont meet the hype, or they dont meet my expectations. This movie, at least in my opinion, delivered on all accounts. I havent been in a movie where i actually clapped and cheered for characters DURING the film before. This was a geek ecstasy movie if i ever saw one. The robots were great, jokes were funny, battles were awesome, f-22s were incredible and the story was fun as hell. Id even contemplate going to see it again. Whichever HD format this dvd comes out...im pretty sure that will be the deciding factor for me on which format to get(HD or Blu Ray). It was a great ride.


iPhone. Im kind of suprised i havent posted much about this since i got it. Well, i shouldnt say that. Ive been so busy playing with it that i havent had much time to write about it. Also going in the category of things that totally live up to the hype, this phone is the cats ass. It is an incredible little piece of hardware. I was kind of hesitant in getting too excited seeing as how all the press and information seemed like it was going to be wayy too good to be true....but Apple seriously delivered with this thing. The ipod features are awesome, the sms messaging is great, email is easy as hell and using it as a phone is the easiest phone ive ever had. Web surfing on it is incredible. Full web pages, using multitouch to zoom in and out of pages to find what you want, it really is incredible. The only serious complaint i have is the edge network. While i havent used it THAT much since ive spent most of the past week in my home, when i have gone out, the critics have been right...its pretty slow. I realize Apple did what they normally do in partnerships like this and went with the biggest name in the industry, but it sure would have been nice if they used sprint's broadband network. Would have been much faster and have much more room to grow. Oh well. Not a huge crisis. Id really like to be able to change ringtones to something that i can hear when my radio is on in my car...most of the ringtones are pretty quiet and subtle. I like my blackberry because it rings like a loud annoying phone, so i can hear it rooms away. I also wish it had a bigger hard drive. 8gb isnt much when this thing is such an awesome video player. Im hoping down the line, someone will have some kind of upgrade service for it like iResq did with ipods before. Id totally put a 40 or 60gb drive in this thing. If i could totally get away from using my ipod because of space reasons...id be a happy camper. 1 less device to carry around.


Ill post some more thoughts on it once ive used it for more than a week...but right now, this thing is one of the coolest gadgets ive ever gotten.


Also....anyone like playing Company of Heroes multiplayer? Im trying to get some people together to play some regular vs or co-op matches vs the computer. Its fun as hell. Hit me up @ bjwaggoner@mac.com or on AIM at Waggoner98.

No comments: