Monday, July 16, 2007

A Monday List

Some things of note for this happy(ha!) monday morning.

1. Harry Potter is getting boring. Latest movie was a snore.
2. Transformers is even awesomer(new word i created) the second time.
3. Transformers: The Game is not great art. However, like the movie, the fun lies in seeing robots kick ass and see great CG. The game is beautiful, robot fights are kind of mindless, but a totally open, fully destructable environment lends itself to some fun times.
4. Time to slowly pull myself off the hydracodone.
5. Having a nightmare that you are getting stabbed in the back and waking up to a cat pressing into your back with her paws is kind of odd.
6. Breach is an ok movie.
7. The Good Shepherd is not an ok movie.
8. Watching the original Die Hard at 745am on a saturday is funny as hell.
9. If harry knowles can get married, why am i single?
10. On second thought, save the hydracodone for work.
11. It figures that when i dont go to the USG sponosored race that i turned tickets down for, my favorite driver, Tony Stewart, wins his first race at the USG Sheetrock 400.
12. Im addicted to jolly ranchers. Peach, Blue Raspberry and Green Apple.
13. Both of my hands still hurt like hell where i had my IV's when in the hospital.
14. My old video iPod hasnt been used once since i got my iPhone.
15. Is it nerdy to want to put a die cast Optimus Prime on my desk at work?



That will do it for today. Have a good monday and rest of the week.

2 comments:

dianaschnuth said...

As for #1, do you mean as compared to the book, or do you mean to say that you only watch the movies and don't read the books? Because I agree that the movie was condensed compared to the book version, and lots of minor plot points and characterization was left out... but the movie didn't disappoint me, even so.

Watched HP5 this weekend, finished reading HP6 today as a refresher, and am completely stoked to read HP7 as soon as I can.

Brian said...

I don't read the books, don't really have that much interest. I went to see it because 1. my parents wanted to see it and 2. its been hyped to all hell. I liked the first HP movie, and the 2nd was even ok, but since then, its been a slow grind to whatever the eventual showdown will be in the last one. IM sure the books are great if you are into that sort of thing, however, a movie shouldn't have to rely on a book to explain its shortcomings. The movie should adequately explain what it needs to and be entertaining. I didn't feel like it was entertaining, just a middle episode thats a filler. I didn't even really care when sirius black died. It wasn't that emotional of a loss. I don't know. I think it suffered from spiderman 3 syndrome, too many characters, not enough development, At any rate, it boils down to me just not being entertained by entertainment.