Saturday, May 27, 2006

Once Again, Arhi Gets It Right!

Perfectly written. Thank you, Arhi.


(A response to a forum on which I cannot post anymore, because I am a "troll.")

1) I did not leave the guild because I wanted to do raiding. I left the guild because I thought that the officers had made a terrible, ill-conceived decision. Anyone who was on that night knows that is why I left. Please do not pretend that it was for any other reason.

2) I am interested in doing end game raiding. I was still highly emotional about the guild drama, but I did (and do!) have friends still in the guild. I was still interested in running instances with them. In fact, I did a few runs several days after the initial drama. However, we were informed by a guild officer that so long as we had another guild tag over our heads, we were not welcome to raid with them. This is interesting, because people who were still in the guild were being told one thing, and we were being told another. It is also interesting, because people who left the guild previously (one of whom is the brother to an officer) are still welcome on raids. This was duplicitous and a double standard. Our hope at coming to a peaceful and agreeable resolution to the whole mess faded.

3) Yes, I joined a raiding guild. The new guild we had started was comprised of people who generally needed later start times for raids. [info]plonq and I work very early, so we could never go along on these runs. This was THE deciding factor in my application to the raiding guild. Not because they are 1337. Not because I'll get phat lewts. But their raids start early, and they start on time. I actually had a lot of reservation about joining this guild, after hearing all the stuff that [info]amarafox had to go through with her guild. But nothing is permanent; if I ever decide that the raiding guild isn't for me, /gquit is always an option. So, I applied. I got in. End of story.

4) No one is recruiting people for the raiding guild OR for the guild we created for people escaping the drama of the old one. Seriously, I am calling bullshit on this. You've got screenshots? Let's see the original TGAs. You want me to stop the "recruiting?" Tell me who to talk to. No names, no discussion. The raiding guild doesn't need to recruit, and our little guild of outcasts has been bending over backwards trying to avoid any more drama. Supposedly our old guild master was trying to recruit someone who has admitted that she thinks he's a moron. Why would he try to recruit her, of all people? That makes no sense to anyone who thinks about it for all of 10 seconds.

5) I must ask that the mudslinging and guilt-tripping stop. We have been called names, on the forum and in-game. We have been accused of things we did not do. Be an adult, all of you. People have left he guild, yes. We did not lean over their shoulder and type /gquit. This is a decision that they made on their own, and blaming us for their action is insinuating that they are unable to make up their own minds. Give these people some credit.

That being said... I am enjoing myself in-game again, which I haven't been able to do in a while. (That is, I am enjoying myself when I am not getting tells from people saying, "I miss you. :(" I miss them too. It hurts.) New frontiers and all that.

No comments: