Friday, October 05, 2007

Out Of My Element - The BWags High School Story

So, im posting this after seeing it on Myspace. I normally think most of these survey things are kind of pointless...but this one actually made me think back to high school and realize how long ago that was. Here we go.



1. Who was your best friend?
This is a tough one. If i had to pick one person, it would be Martha Finkley. I dont know that i had ONE best friend, but a good tightknit group of good friends. Jim Pace, Stefan Kyselica, Brandon Lewis, Alison Daigle, etc.

2. What sports did you play?
NA.

3. What kind of car did you drive?
My parents Green Lumina(which i eventually got my soph year in college) and their green van.

4. On a Friday night what were you doing?
In the fall, Marching Band @ football games or prepping for a competition. Winter/spring - out on a date with my girlfriend.

5. Were you a party animal?
Not in the traditional sense. Our group of friends hung out alot, but it wasnt a "party"

6. Were you considered a flirt?
Not that i know of.


7.Were u in the band, choir or orchestra?

Marching band, concert band, jazz band, pep band and symphonic orchestra.


8. Were you a nerd?

I wasnt A nerd. I was THE nerd.

9.. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Ha. No way.

10. Can you still sing the fight song?
Sing? No. I think the only people at my High School who can do that are the football team. And by sing, i mean shout the words. I can still hum it since i played it over 400 million times in 4 years.

11. Who was your favorite teacher?

I would be lying if i didnt say my Dad. I spent 2 periods a day with him, 3 in the fall and loved every minute of it. However, if i had to pick another teacher non family related...I would pick Kathy Gabric. She was the best science teacher and a great mentor.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?
Either the band room or with our group of friends in the cafeteria.

13. Name the school's full name?
Hinsdale High School Township Central.

or Hinsdale Central High School.

14. School mascot?
Red Devil - Rawr.

15. School colors?
Red and White...however, Red and Black were used alot as well.

16. Rival high school?
Hinsdale South.

17. Did you go to Prom?
I did. I took my girlfriend, Alison Daigle. Was a great time.

18. If you could go back and do it again, would you?

Hmm. Senior year, probably. Alot of good times going on then. Frosh - Junior? Ill pass. Too much work and teenage angst.

19. What do you remember most about graduation?

Seeing my dad get choked up. While for me it was a culmination of 4 years of work, for him it was the signal to the end of an era, of 8 continuous years of having his kids there to help him do things he loved and he knew that it would be a huge change starting in the fall of 1999.

20. Where did you go senior skip day?

Funny story, and im pretty sure the statute of limitations is gone now. My dad and i made a deal. I didnt do anything stupid or try to ditch on senior ditch day, and he and i would both mysteriously get ill on the Wednesday that Star Wars: Episode 1 came out in late may right before the end of the year. Was one of the coolest things. I saw the movie 4 times on opening day. Midnight, then 3 times during the day. Was awesome.

21. Favorite memory?
Definitely performing at a Bands of America regional competition in St Louis. It was pretty much the culmination of all the work my dad and i had done for the competitive marching band program. Was amazing...and the best moment of my senior year.

22. Were you in any clubs?

I think all the music stuff i did qualified for that :P

23. Where did you go most often for lunch?

Cafeteria. Couldnt leave the school.

24. Have you gained some weight since then?
Ha. Im sure of it.

25. Who was your Senior prom date?

Alison Daigle..my girlfriend during senior year.

26. Are you planning on going to your 10-year reunion?

Probably not.

27. Who was your home room teacher?
We didnt have homeroom in highschool.

28. Who will repost this after you?
NA..since this isnt on ghetto myspace, but thanks to Diana showing me this.

29. Who was your high school sweetheart?
Alison Daigle.

30. Do you still talk to people from high school?
Not really. I burned alot of bridges because my dad was a teacher. I dont regret it, but it put me in alot of difficult situations. I still talk to Martha Finkley from time to time, not as much as i should...but in general, no, i dont.

31. Where did you work at in high school?
The Technology Internship and at Blockbuster Video.

32. What were your grades?

Decent. Overall B average, if i remember right.

33. How many people were in your graduating class?
Somewhere in the 400-500's.

34. Did you have a secret crush on anyone?
Naw. I was dating the person i had the crush on :)


There we go. Quite a different post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn straight you should talk to me more. And, for the record, you were a total party animal-- as was I... Duh.

P.S. I didn't know you were such an Office fan, how have we not talked about this before?

Yes! Cash basket! Nice work, Tuna.

He smells like what I think Pierce Brosnan probably smells like.

So sorry, Tuna, but if you don’t know why that’s awesome, then you need awesome lessons.

Brian said...

Miss my marph :(