Friday, September 23, 2005

Electrical interferance....

So yeah...havent posted lately, ive been feverishly trying to deal with a few issues of note.

1. Electrical issues in my apartment. My lights have been dimming, very loud humming through my speakers/phone/microphone/etc in my apartment. Something was really wrong. My complex thinks they have it fixed, but well see.

2. The humming has made it completely impossible for me to record my podcast or use skype/ventrillo so i have pretty much been out of communication with people. It seems that the electrical system killed the DSP(digital signal processor) on my nice plantronics USB headset, so i had to get a new one. It wasnt that bad, it let me go to Fry's :) and i got a 2nd cheaper mono headset mic for my PC to use for ventrillo for WoW.

However, while trying to find the source of the humming(before i knew it was my mic) I tore my entire office apart in my apartment.

Office BEFORE i took everything apart trying to find the humming...



Office AFTER i took everything apart trying to find the humming...



3. Started a guild in WoW on the Horde side of Whisperwind with the creators of Taverncast and World of Warcast. For some reason, they decided to make me guild leader >.> Its pretty awesome, in 3 days we already have 30 members comprised just of listeners to their 2 shows and mine. Im having a blast doing it, even though i just hit level 50 with my paladin on Windrunner.

4. I think my iPod mini is toast. Walking into work today it now just blinks an apple logo, clicks, shuts off, powers on, and blinks the apple logo. Rinse. Repeat. Time to take it into the apple store...


Other than that, things are ok. Been sick for about a week and a half now, and work has been nuts. One day at a time. One day at a time.

No comments: