Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Long Awaited Post

So, ive been promising this for a while now, and I now am getting to it. It has been a crazy few weeks, but in the end, it has been totally worth everything. Here is a bit of a recap since the last post about what I've been up to.

After leaving Crowe, I took a week off to pack and get ready to move back to Chicago. I flew home and stayed with my parents for a week since my apartment wasnt ready to move into. It was nice to be home for a while and spend some time with my parents. I took that friday off to fly back to columbus and get ready to move on saturday. The move went as easy as possible, although 6 hours in a car with Callie can be kinda rough. If anyone ever needs to move, I suggest using Two Men And A Truck, those guys are incredible. Ive used them twice now, and they are always professional, careful and hard workers. Its great.

Since then, I worked a few days again, then took a few days off to go on a preplanned trip to florida with my mom, dad, jman and his little kid, emma. We had some fun down there, and here are some pictures of the trip.

The first day down there, my parents and I went to Kennedy Space Center to take a look at what they have and to see the shuttle Discovery on the launch pad. None of my pictures of discovery could come close to any of the ones out there of the launch that have been plastered all over the internet, but here are some images from KSC.



Thats the Vehicle Assembly Building, where the shuttle is mated with the external fuel tank and solid rocket boosters. It is the largest one story building in the world.



That is the tail end of a mock up shuttle that you can go inside on the KSC grounds. It was pretty spectacular to see how small it actually is. I imagined it to be much larger.



Ahh...something is just SOOTHING about that....



But this...this is WAY more soothing....



This is part of the resort we stayed at this time, which is the same as the one we stayed at in march, so i dont have many more pictures...since it looks the same.



Here is a picture of the resort that my parents have taken some stake in with the Marriot Vacation Club. It looks alot nicer than the one we stayed at, and I cant wait to stay there and check it out!



Wags, Jman, and Little T.



I may have some more pictures to put up later, but that pretty much sums it up. We did go to Epcot for an afternoon/evening, but I didnt take my camera, and we also spent some time at Typhoon Lagoon, one of Disney's waterparks, and I DEFINATELY didnt take my camera there. Its been a LONG time since I've been to a waterpark, and it was a great time. Aside from the rain/heat/humidity, it was a great time in Florida. I cant wait to go back.


As for my apartment, things are slowly getting unpacked, im pretty close except for some things here in the office, and my bedroom is still a nightmare. Since i havent been here for a full weekend, let alone a full week uninterrupted, this week/weekend will be unpacking/organization time. Nonetheless, here are some pictures of the new place.



This isnt going to make it onto the actual nerd room page yet since it is no where close to finished set up. Youll notice a new flat panel monitor from dell that was a STEAL thanks to a yahoo deal that was going on.



Just looking at this picture makes me want to keep unpacking...alas...im blogging instead.



Looking at this, youd think it was a real apartment! Yes...thats a wood fireplace....*puts barry white album on*



Looks somewhat put together, however, the fridge and cupboards are pretty much empty. I need to go grocery shopping something fierce. Callie has more food here than I do.



Speaking of callie, she got a new bed, which she cant get enough of. The first night I put it out, she slept the whole night in it. Shes come back to sleeping next to me now, but whenever im in my computer room, shes in that bed. She loves it to death. Anyone who is a pet owner knows that buying those things are a gamble, since I spent 30$ on a cat tent i thought she would use to hide when scared...and she never used it. I'm glad she likes this.

Well, this is about it for me as of now. Unpacking/organizing/getting set up. Pretty soon ill have a new home number and other stuff. Im working on redoing the blog...so bear with me if some changes occur with it. Im also toying with the idea of playing around with podcasting, since iTunes 4.9 came out, im hooked on them. Not sure anyone would really listen to me.

In addition to my bjwaggoner@mac.com address, feel free to email me at brian@brianwaggoner.com. I have switched my blackberry to check that email now, so im accessable anytime, anywhere.

Leave some comments! I love hearing from all of you!

No comments: