Monday, May 16, 2005

Go HCHS Red Devil....hackers?

Yep. This is my old high school....the one where my dad still works. Ironic that I do network security, and the technology department that I worked in 5 years ago gets national news coverage?

Sounds like from what I've heard, it was more social engineering of a teacher's password than actual "hacking", but it still proves that everyone needs to take network security very seriously. If this issue started, or even continued based on some of the things i heard, some simple education on password management would have solved alot of their problems.

It also doesnt help that the school is (im sure) using older equipment that doesnt recieve the proper auditing and testing.


Slashdot | HS Students Steal SSNs to Prove They Can

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I penetrate boxes just for fun