Monday, January 02, 2006

The Internet Brings out The Best In People

So...

After having the images for my 10 list of tech toys, apparently someone got upset that i hotlinked an apple promotional image of a G5 from his site without giving this dude credit...so here is the credit you wanted, boss.

Hi Brian.

Your blog entry
http://titaniumquicksilver.blogspot.com/2005/12/top-10-tech-toys-of-year.html
is hotlinking one of the images hosted on my server. Stop it. There is
absolutely no excuse for this. Download the image, host it somewhere else, and
then change your post to link to the new image.

I will check again in two days. Change it before then. If this mail seems
nasty, well it was meant to. You're using *my* bandwidth from my server, which
is using electricity *I* pay for. And you haven't even been kind enough to
give me some sort of credit for it.

Hey, I promised myself to be kind this year, but you've got me mad!

Now be a good lad and fix it, please.

R. Sanchez

--
www.reven.org


So, here ya go. Credit where you want it. Next time, dude...try not to be such a jerk about things like this. If you dont want hotlinking, configure your site to not allow it. I found the image on google images. If google images hotlinks it, and you piss and moan about the bandwidth I bring on to your server? You got some serious issues.

No comments: