Thursday, June 09, 2005

Who Sleeps?!

Here i am, waiting for my 630am flight at Port Columbus, a long story which i might get into later. Heading home to chicago today for birthday and other festivities, should be a good time.

Last night was amazing. DMB was on fire, and it was a great way to end my 4 show run this summer, and for me to see my 24th DMB show on my 24th birthday(thats irony right there) Here is the set.

Wednesday Jun 8 2005
Germain Amphitheater

So Much To Say
#41
Dream Girl
Grey Street
American Baby
One Sweet World
Hello Again
Seek Up
Die Trying
#40[Tease]
What Would You Say
Crush
Hunger For The Great Light
Lover Lay Down
Stand Up *
Louisiana Bayou *

__________________

Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd
Warehouse

What a great mix of old and new tunes, plus a tease of #40 with the full band. RR on Stand Up and Bayou was sick as could be expected, and seek up was incredible. What a great show on my birthday, there wasnt much more i could ask for. I think sloka was close to passing out a few times, and i feel bad for his left arm, since i kept punching it whenever a song I was suprised to hear would come out. Insane i tell you...INSANE. Not to mention me and slooks screaming "MOM ITS MY BIRTHDAYYYY" during what would you say....i think the people around us thought we were crazy...and we probably were :P

Besides that, my birthday was pretty routine, Slooks and i nerded around the apartment in the morning, then caught some lunch at the new Ruby Tuesdays they put up on 23 by polaris parkway, then hit micro center and best buy. Alas, i didnt buy anything, but i was about 2 inches from buying a G5. Cant do that yet, i cant really afford to just go blowing close to 2 grand unless i have to.

We got home last night close to 12, were in bed by 1230(after some tasty taco bell) and up this morning at 4:30. Poor slobob has to drive back this early...at least i can just sit on a plane...hes gotta actually think. Hes a strong kid though, he can do it!

In other exciting news, Columbus Airport has gotten new seating for all its terminals....it was way overdue. This is a good thing, since i spend most of my time in this airport, its like me buying a new couch. Wish i could bring callie, though :(

I think thats about it for me, though. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, and definately to sloka for a great couple of days.

/sleep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dik