Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Back again, and something of a regular schedule of posting, OMG!

Its been a pretty wild day. Nutty stuff at work, bleeding everywhere from a gash i got from callie, slipping on ice outside tgi fridays(thanks for the bad karma, morgan) and messing up my ankle and knee among other things.

I gotta tell you guys, ive always been a sister hazel fan, but lately, they have been growing on me more and more. I just got their new live CD "Live, LIve" which is awesome. Most people know them from their radio hits, which are awesome, but the rest of thier stuff is awesome. They are one of the most consistantly good bands ive ever heard. Thier first live DVD just came out too, called "A Life In The Day" which has a hilarous documentary about their travels all over the nation, their concerts, the rock boat cruise they started a few years ago, and all the great stuff they do with their fan base. I love the fact that they are popular enough to get good billing, tour enough, but not have huge ampitheatre crowds and enough time to still do everything they can to meet and talk to their fans. Ive made a decision that im going to The Rock Boat this year, since they head it up, and other bands i love are playing as well. This year, Pat McGee Band, Edwin McCain and Will Hoge are going on the cruise with a bunch more bands to be announced. Last year, among those, Virginia Coalition played. Wow. 4 days on a cruise in the carribean with these bands....like Ken Block said in the documentary on the DVD, "Its like spring break for people with jobs!".

Im gonna go head off to bed, hopefully not get scratched by callie again tonite and not fall on my ass again tomorrow at work. Good news is that my mom and missy are coming out tomorrow night to spend some time out here, and they are going to help me get a couch and coffee table!
FINALLY!

In other news, everything is now unpacked an in some sort of arranged sort here. I finally went through, created a bill filing system, as well as seriously put in hanging files in my filing cabinet. Is this something worthy of blogging? Not for most of you, but before, i could fit all my critical information(bills, statements, pay stubs, etc) in an accordion folder...but when i started to do that here....it got too big to close. So, looks like i had to upgrade to adult filing. Especially with my big kid moment of the day, i got my own car insurance starting in 45 minutes! Its so wierd to have all these bills to myself. Im just glad i have a good paying job to help me with it.

Also, ive gotten a new email address for everyone to use. I figure i have it, so i might as well start using it, and start phasing out all my other ones, since this one aint goin nowhere.

Brian@BrianWaggoner.com is it for you all. Send me love!

Hope all is well for everyone else, but if i seriously see one more away message about BG not cancelling school because of snow, im gonna start shooting. The weatherman JUST SAID that in the last 48 hours, we have gotten between 12-20 inches of snow over michiana(the wierd ass term they call the northern part of indiana and southern michigan, apparently its not enough for indiana to have their own wacky ass time zone, they want to have a new state or something. I really dont get it. I digress). So yeah. No complaining. Its not that BG "doesnt care about your safety" or that "they dont think before making a decision" its more along the lines of....you are adults now, and can decide if your safety is really at stake and if its worth risking your safety to go to class. In my 4.5 years at BG, not ONCE did a teacher not sympathize with a commuter because of a short term(less than a few days) weather issue, and i saw some students abuse it. So RELAX ABOUT THE STUPID SNOW DAY.

Ok, im done. Good night.


*whistles to callie to tell her to come to bed*

No comments: