Thursday, September 04, 2003

Back again...

Looks like thursday may be the only day i can find some time to post during the week. The rest of the week i go from 11am-10pm with loads of calc to do later. Not so much fun. But i see the light at the end of the tunnel...the 3 month tunnel...

So, someone left me a very upset IM yesterday about what i had to say about RCC. Let me clarify some things. First off, im not at any rate minimizing the work that the students do at RCC. Working there for 4 full years and being a supervisor for 3 of those, i know exactly how hard the students work there. I have never seen an organization where students work as hard as RCC employees work (special cases notwithstanding) and get as little reward as they do there. I just think that there were some managerial hiccups that could have been avoided. I know how many viruses in res halls, because i was helping log all those with the security guys here and staying after to make sure that people could get the appropriate tools they needed as well. I was working 8-10 hours straight as well. Like i said, i worked over 55 hours that week, and worked 14 days straight with no break. This is the 5th straight "IROC" that ive seen. It was by far one of the roughest. All i was saying was that we had 2 weeks from the break of the virus untill when students started moving in. Something could have been done to prep for that. Something SHOULD have been done to anticipate that. Nothing the students should have to do, but a coordinated effort with ITS and RCC. Ended up that ITS had to pick up alot of res hall slack when we had many many things to tend to on the faculty network side as well. We adapted, mass made over 200 virus removal tool cd's, handed them out, made sure they were being shared as well as fixed machines with viruses in here that people would bring in. Was that our job? No, but we had to adapt to the situation. All i was trying to bring up was a factor of adaptation, pre-move in, not have to deal with it AS people were moving in. But i digress.

Its been a rough week with people this week. I get strange feelings from alot of people im close to and people i work with. I dont know if its the stress of the beginning of the year getting to me or what, but it just seems odd. I dont know how to describe it. Its hard because i rarely see anyone. I spend 11 hours a day straight on campus, then come home to do a boatload of calc then go to bed. Wake up at 930, go to work at 11 and it repeats itself. Who knows. I guess im just feeling detached from reality. Maybe im really looking forward to starting something new. New job, moving somewhere new, just getting a change. Im the kind of person who needs some kind of change every once in a while, and im to the point where i need some kind of change again. I dont know what, im sure ill know when i see it, but something has to change....

Job market is grim. I applied for 2 computer jobs at OSU, 3 jobs with Nextel in VA, some other random tech jobs here and there all around the midwest/east coast. I keep calling the lady at apple back, she doesnt return my calls, thats not a good sign. Who knows. Rumor has it a TSS job will be open here at ITS soon since the PC image guy left and moved to florida. But do i want to stay here in BG and work for ITS full time? I dont know. I dont know what to do. Im looking for what to do with the rest of my life, but its hard, because so much is in flux. *heavy sigh*

Mission for you blog readers. Think about where you were 2 years ago. 4 years ago. Think about how far youve come. Its kind of scary.

ITS intermural football league is starting soon. McComas, Me, Mike Good, Gebby, Cary and a bunch of guys from ITS and friends of ITSers are gonna rip up the rec league. Should be fun and interesting to see. Get my ass on that field. See whats gonna happen.

Well, leave some love in the box, kids. Watch out for dem hoes.

*****************************************
Positive: 2 Weeks down
Negative: 15+ to go
Quote: "Can i just tell her.."Sorry, no tools allowed on this team?" Can I?" - McComas
Song of the day: John Mayer - Homelife
Cool Mac Moment: New version of backup 2.0 is awesome. Finally i can backup to network drives! Wow, why does this excite me so much..i suck.
*****************************************

No comments: