Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Interesting week so far...

Been an odd week. Been pretty slow, weather is shady, cold and snowy. Tryin to get through the slow days in order to get home and have some fun WoW times. Its pretty awesome talking to people all over the globe, especially lately a certain aussie :) Right now i have more "game friends" than real friends, and its very different. Most people frown on that type of stuff, but for me it is gratifying. Sure, we dont go sit in a bar and talk about our days....we play a game we love playing and talk about our days. We may not be physically in the same room, but we are all doing something we enjoy. It is really cool.

I get friday off. Things are really slow at work, my boss is on vacation, so i got the OK for the day off. Maybe i can get my super secret taverncast segment edited and ready for the christmas show. Maybe i can do a GCO micro cast. Maybe...ill play WOW all day :P

Talk of friends aside, im starting to feel the emptiness again. That emptiness you feel after the surge of independance and pain of a broken heart fades from a serious relationship. It seems anyone i would be interested in, there is some stupid situation. Distance. Age, etc. Nothing can be easy. More often than not, it seems like im destined to be a bachelor. That not so bad. I got a callie. Shes all i could ask for.

I kind of wish i was back in college in that regard. So easy to meet people then. Friends of friends, classmates, etc. Now, everyone i spend time with is either married or a coworker, or both. I seem to be the only single guy in my immediate group of peers. How lame is that. Guys younger than me have been married 1-2 years. Some even have kids. Im starting to feel like that crazy old dude everyone saw sitting on a park bench as a kid. Old and lonely, would feed the birds just to stay busy. Blah. Times have changes, as im blogging this, and people will read it, but it doesnt change the time honored feeling of emptiness single people feel.

Is it better being by my family? Of course. But they cant fill the gap in my heart right now, no matter how much they love me. No matter how many lunches i have with mom downtown, no matter how many times i play with emily, no matter how many times my dad and i will go to Fry's to look at electronics, it doesnt change the fact that i come home to an empty apartment, and sleep with a shadow of nothing next to me.

2 years ago, i had everything planned out. If i only knew the truth of what my life would be right now. Am i complaining? Not really. it will happen if it is destined to, but it doesnt mean that the pain of lonliness wont go away. So i guess i keep doing what i do to feel good.

Pet a cat. Play some WoW.

No comments: